Hi! Happy first day of the week. Does that make Monday sound better? Worse? Does it matter, it’s Monday…
WELL! This Monday I have a great treat for you. Well not me per say. Actually one of my nearsest and dearest friends in the world has a treat for you.
See this one time one of my best girls from Penn State (we are!) went to school after college. But not for one of those silly MBA thingys. Or to be a lawyer. Or a doctor. Nope, no she went for something way better. She went to school to be a chef! Being that she always went to The Natural Gourmet School in NYC, she knows how to be a healthy chef. So you see, if I use her for all she is worth I can get some really good recipes and tips out of her.
I have been looking for a delicious, nutritious way to fuel for my runs and Jessie (oh did I not mention her name yet? That is Chef Jessie to you!) came up with these for
me all of us!
AKA: No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ¾ cup+ 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (preferably raw)
- 2 tablespoons raw or gelatinized maca powder (or 2 additional tablespoons cocoa powder)
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 1 ½ cups dates, pits removed
- Place peanuts, cocoa powder, maca powder and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and grind for about a minute, until well incorporated.
- While the machine is running, add the dates, one at a time, until evenly distributed. It will resemble moist dough and should hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Spread out onto a 8×8 brownie pan and cut into squares. Or use a tablespoon and roll into little brownie bites.
Jessie also gave me the rundown of why these are the perfect food for runners!
Benefits of maca powder (….the perfect runner’s superfood):
- Combats stresses on the body (daily stressors, pollutants, physical stresses)
- Gives you strength, energy (combats fatigue and increases stamina)
- Balances hormones
- High in minerals, amino acids (building blocks of protein), plant sterols (balances cholesterol)
- Boosts libido
So next time you want an easy healthy treat that you can grab before a run, after a run, during a run, etc. try to make these delicious No-Bake Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Brownies by Chef Jessie!
I hope this made your Runday 🙂