Happy Hump Day to all! This morning was another successful Weight-Lifting Wednesday. “CAUSE I’M STRONNGEEER THAN YESSTEEERDAY!!” Right? …..Sorry I digress.
Today I am going to share with you a few of my favorite things about being a runner, in no particular order.
Ready, set, go!
- Waking up on Saturday mornings early enough to see the sunrise so I can get in 10 miles before my friends are ready to go to boozy brunch
- Only needing 2 mimosas at said boozy brunch to feel the aches in my legs go away
- Getting a text from one of my best friends that goes like this:
Friend: “Guess what I did today?!”
Me: “YES! ALL ON MY OWN! I thought you would be proud”
Me–smile to self then say: “I am proud!” (and mean it)
- Seeing my parents proud of me well after the age of dance recitals, t-ball games, and college diplomas
- Giving my grandparents bragging rights (even if said grandparents think every race I run is a marathon)
- Running for a cause. I love the connection between charity and running. It is something to be proud of
- The feeling of doing something that a lot of other people choose not to do, even though most of them can (and getting a cool medal because of it)
- Having a passion
What are some of your healthy life passions? Your favorite things about running? Working out? Anything?!