Ok, I will admit it (you guys are special I admit a lot to you). I cried a little bit at my desk this morning at 9 a.m. when the NCAA threw down on my alma mater. It sucked. Really bad. Is it crazy that my first thought was that I should have ran tonight versus running this morning, so that I could get the aggression out that comes with such a harsh thing happening to the school I love so dearly?
Hmm…given that I am not only a PSU alum, but also a runner–this probably isn’t weird.
Instead of harping on the news of today (I wouldn’t be a Penn Stater if I didn’t at least mention it) I am going to tell you why I am SO HAPPY that I finally found my perfect running mate.
WAIT WAIT. First I should tell you about her.
- 25 years old
- Co-worker (marketing professional extraordinaire)
- Started running at the same time as me (after our drunken college days, but not together)
- Runs at the same pace as me (SO… SUPER FAST)
- Training for the Marine Corps Marathon the weekend before NYCM
- Moved into the city 2 weeks ago
Reasons I love running with her already:
- We pace each other perfectly
- We have a lot to talk about
- We both like to get our runs done early in the morning
- We are training for marathons that are close enough where are long runs can be the same length
- Our boyfriends do not know how to plan ANYTHING (this is irrelevant but important point to go with #2)
- We take running seriously
WE ARE. RUNNING SOUL MATES!
No but seriously. It is great. Friday was our first official run together, but I am happy to report that we have another long run planned for early Friday morning. We keep each other on track for our prospective marathons and the training that goes along with them each and every day. It is hard finding someone in their early-mid 20s that loves running as much as I do and is as dedicated I am, so finding that person was very important to me.
Do you guys have running mates? What qualities are important to you when it comes to running with someone?
Marathon Training Update:
Long run of 11 miles in the rain, short cross train session on Saturday, rest on Sunday, 3.75 ish (freeeeedom run. no watch. no gps.) this morning.
OH, and I am doing a 1 min a night push-up/sit-up challenge. As of Friday I can do 28 each in a minute. Stay tuned 🙂