Here’s the deal. This morning when I was running, (like OMG, Smash you run?? I had no clue!!), and I was listening to my little iPod shuffle. This little orange guy who has an engraving on the back that says “Run, Ashlee, Run!” No I am not kidding. Go right ahead and judge. N-E-Wayz.
The deal is. My music was so boring. I have listened to everything on my shuffle like 1,000 times and I needed to get some advice on what makes a rockin’ ass playlist. Instead of googling “best running playlists” for the millionth time, I decided to ask my friends. Why? Because friends don’t let friends have bad running playlists.
I recommend asking your friends what their favorite songs are on their current playlists. You will be surprised at how many songs come up that you have never even heard–and you might even catch some people listening to some pretty hilarious things. Although it doesn’t look like my friends admitted to anything embarrassing, AHEM GEOFF! 🙂
Here are what my crew is listening to:
Mary AKA My Running Partner:
- HAM– Kanye and Jay-Z
- State of Massachusetts- Drop Kick Murphys
- Turbulence- Laidback Luke
- Go Hard- DJ Khaled
- Starstruck- Nicki Minaj
Ryan AKA My College BFF:
- Til death (Denzal Park radio edit) – Wynter Gordan
- Pound the Alarm- Nicki Minaj
- Chasing Summers- Tiesto
- Bonfire- Knife Party
- Where Have You Been (hardwell remix)- Rihanna
- Guilty Pleasure- 3lau
Geoff AKA Brother From Another Mother
- Colours (Captain Cuts Remix) – Grouplove
- Only One – Sammy Adams
- Make Some Noise – Beastie Boys
- GO! (Feat. Karen O) – Santigold
- Mind Your Manners (feat. Icona Pop) – Chiddy Bang
Brittany AKA McBrittle AKA My College Roommate
- Midnight City (eric prydz private remix) – m83
- We Found Love– Rihanna
- 99 Problems – Jay-Z
- Run The World (Girls) – Beyonce
- I Got That Boom Boom – Britney Spears
I think my friends have some really good taste in workout jams. What do you think? What do you think about your own playlist? Does it need an update? Do your friends have good fitness tunes?
ps #2: Britt has a blog too! Check it out! Fashion, Beauty, and DIY!